Middle School to High School Transition Strategies
- Get to know the people and places on your high school campus.
- Read everything you can from the high school including school newsletters and handbooks.
- Organize your days with a planner and keep a calendar that schedules time for homework, extracurricular activities, and fun, too!
- Get involved in student government, sports, clubs, and/or community organizations.
- Check out bulletin boards in your classrooms, on campus, and in the guidance office.
- Really listen to school announcements, classroom and assembly presentations, and attend college and career workshops.
- Make a four-year high school plan for yourself with the assistance of a parent/guardian and your school counselor.
- Talk with your teachers, counselor, or other staff when you have questions or problems.