Your Virtual Counselor! Dream Big, Set Goals, Take Action!
The California Career Center. Dream Big, Set Goals, Take Action!

Probation/Court School

You can achieve both career and college success even if you have a criminal record. Use these resources to get started:

Seal It 
Use Seal It from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice to learn how you can seal your juvenile record in California.

Cleaning Your Record
Check out the California Courts guide and information tool for help with cleaning up your criminal record. Learn how to clean it up and find out what types of criminal convictions can be expunged from your record. Access the forms you’ll need and learn how to get help.

Locate Your County Juvenile Court
Locate your Superior Court by county, city of zip code. Superior courts now have trial jurisdiction over all criminal cases including felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic matters. They also have jurisdiction over all civil cases including family law, probate, juvenile, and general civil matters.

Take Charge of Your Future: Get the Education and Training You Need [PDF]
This Guide is written for people who are incarcerated and for those on community supervision (probation and parole). It is designed to help you get started—or continue—on the path to education and training.

Be aware even “sealed” records may be available to certain entities such as licensing boards. And your record may exclude you from pursuing certain occupations. If an occupation you are interested in pursuing requires a license, be sure to check with the licensing board to confirm requirements and resolve potential problems.

Need some inspiration? Check out Dewey Bozella's incredible story.

Your juvenile record could hurt your ability to find a job, get a driver's license, or get into college. If you are a non-citizen, it could make you ineligible for citizenship. Take the necessary steps to safeguard your goals.