You really want that job and have prepared for the interview. Now you have to:
- Keep calm. Try not to be nervous.
- Listen carefully to the interviewer.
- Repeat the question to confirm you understand what is being asked.
- Answer questions directly, honestly, and with facts and examples.
- Emphasize your strengths.
- Be polite and considerate by not interrupting the interviewer.
- Never say anything negative about a former employer or teacher.
- Ask any questions you may have about the job (leave salary questions until after you are offered the job).
- Ask for the job.
- Inquire as to when you will be notified about the results of the interview.
- Thank the interviewer for spending time with you.
When your interview is completed, evaluate your success and areas for improvement. Send any requested items to the company and a thank you e-mail the same day.